Monday, September 9, 2019

Headband storage

The headband storage in SweetieLs room has been a frustration lately. As it hang right next to the door I keep getting snagged by the headband and wind up pulling a bunch on the floor. Pintrest to the rescue! And I have now found a new storage solution for SweetieLs growing headband collection.

pass at own risk

I found that the box for fireplace starter cubes were the perfect dimension. So just needed to air out the smell. And with some black felt fabric I had laying around I went to work
before picture

I used a glue gun to attach the fabric around the box. I left about 5 cm hanging to be wrapped around the edge.
with fabric over the edge

I recommend cutting the overhanging edge in flaps. This way it was much easier to glue to the inside. On the first round around I glued every second flap. One The second round, I glued the remaining flaps to the inside.


glue the flaps and then nice and smooth

SweetieL choose a pink lace ribbon and it was ready to replace the old solution. This solution can also be “upgraded” with another “box” if/when necessary.
done

Now less hazardous to pass when walking thru the doorway. And SweetieL is very happy with having something big sister doesn't have...

- have you done any reorganization lately?
- how do you store headbands?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...