Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Oh so shiny

The latest craze on the scrapbooking front seems to be gold foiling everything. After I saw a video posted by Jennifer Mcguire (here) I‘ve been looking at more and more shine stuff. As I have too much scrapbooking stuff already I haven’t allowed myself a trip to any hobby stores of any kind.

I haven’t made a big effort at finding the foils Jennifer used as scrapbooking stuff tends to by quite expensive here in Norway. The other day I came over nail foils in different colors. Available here on Ebay. These come in rolls of 4 cm wide and different lengths. As I only paid 1USD for a meter, I thought I would give it a try. I already have a laminator and a laser printer…so I thought I would try foiling using the method Jennifer describes here.

And I’m first try….

Bilde 22.04.15, 21.14.05

I printed a nice quote and foiled the heart. I found the original picture on Pintrest, and is available here. I've made a note that this technique works best with black and white pictures where there is no grey zones. So the text in the heart aren’t as crisp as the rest of the heart. All in all a fun first attempt.

I think this will be going into my newly setup planner (think that will be a future post). Just need to do some measuring to see if it need any cutting before punching holes…

Think I will be expanding my “stuff” with a few rolls of these foils.

- have you jumped on the foiling craze?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...