Monday, March 23, 2015

R.I.P Mr. Lee Kuan Yew

I woke up this morning to the sad news of Mr. Lees passing. Although he passed peacefully in his sleep at the age of 91 years old the news kind of puts an end to an era. To all Singaporeans Mr. Lee Kuan Yew is THE father of modern Singapore, being the founding Prime Minister of Singapore…

For those of you who know me personally you know my family migrated from Singapore before I was born. But I still have strong family ties to Singapore and I visit as often as I can. Thank you Mr. Lee for building the Singapore as I have always known it.

For those of you who don’t know of Singapore and it’s history, you can read here.
Or even watch a 3 part documentary on youtube: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.

Singapores current Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong held a beautiful speech when announcing his passing.


Transcription and translation is available on the PMO site, here.

Rest in peace Mr. Lee, you will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...