Monday, July 20, 2015

Ego knit

Last week I finshed a knitted garment for myself. I’ve knitted quite alot since I took up knitting…this time a long cardican for myself.
I’ve been drooling some time over Tjorvens Mia jakke. But haven’t gotten around to knitting this one. Well the other day I thought I would start knitting a jacket for myself with sequins yarn I had laying around. I ordered myself som alpakka yarn to go with the sequins yarn from Myke nøster as they were having the Drops super sale  - wool edition (valid thru the month of May 2015).
With Drops Alpaca in the color natur (color code: 0100), Marks & Kittens Fame Trend sequins yarn in white (color code: 683) knitting needles in the sizes 4mm and 5mm I was ready to start my project. Of course I had totally forgotten about the Mia jacket when I was looking for knitting patterns. So I ended up using this one by Drops – though with a few alterations. I didn’t knit the pattern as I thought the sequins was enough.
After less than three weeks and some mother of pearls buttons (30mm in diameter) bought of Ebay I have a completed jacket.
Bilde 18.07.15, 23.19.00still needs to be steamed so the edges don’t curl up/in…but very happy with the finished result
Now off to make a smiliar one for SweetieS as she wanted one when she saw mine…
Update July 21th:
For this jacket I used less than 6 skeins of Drops Alpaca (50gr skeins) and less than 3 skeins (100gr skeins) of the Fame sequin yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...