Saturday, May 5, 2012

Murphys Law rears it head again…

Just a few weeks ago I mentioned Murphys law for the first time in a post…once again it rears it's’ ugly head. This time in the form of bad weather.

I mentioned in a post I wanted a wooden gazebo for the front patio of our house, to provide shelter from the weather for our baby stroller.

Luck would have it, I found a wooden gazebo like the type I wanted at a VERY reasonable price. At just 1495 NOK it was way cheaper than any of the options I had found so far. But there was a catch…it had to be picked up in the city of Moss. Which is about an hours drive from Oslo. Manageable. and with a little help from my friend, we were able to pick it up Friday evening.

We even had such luck that by the time we went to pay for the gazebo, the price had fallen further, to 995 NOK!!! Because the item is being discontinued. Lucky we thought…we even got the last one they had in stock.

But when I woke up this morning, Murphy has struck. Several centimeters of snow had fallen during the morning hours and our front patio was now covered in snow…

Photo 17 20 28 05.05.12after a day in the Sun, a lot of snow has still not melted

The gazebo is originally not painted, but this blog did give me some inspiration.

Now just waiting for the snow to melt and give the patio a once over before assembling the gazebo…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...