Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My next project on the house: Painting the staircase?

Ever since we moved in to our house I’ve wanted to paint our staircase. Mostly because the whole pine look just isn’t for me. Besides after we laid the wood flooring in Merbau, it just didn’t look right.
As the renovation of rooms left are coming to an end, the staircase is approaching fast. I knew I wanted to paint the staircase white, but not sure about the whole case in white or just parts of it. Not to mention which shade of white. There’s like over 100 shades of white!!!
I started going online and looking at pictures of others who have painted the staircase and what shade people recommended.
TrappCollage
This is how the staircase looks today…”furuhelvete” as we call it in Norwegian
Some ideas on the style I’m considering:
imageOur staircase is not a closed one…but you get the idea.
(We are also considering closing the staircase while repainting. But are we taking on more than we can handle???)
image
Or completely white???
image
I’m leaning towards this combination…white banister and stained steps
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Hvis dere bestemmer dere for å lukke trappen kom jeg nettopp over denne bloggen:

    http://ide-puffen.blogspot.com/2012/01/gangen-feridg-tjobing.html

    Ganske kult synes jeg!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...