Friday, July 13, 2012

Cupcakes galore

Hubby turned 31 years yesterday and I thought I would try and do some baking. It’s been ages since I made cupcakes, so I thought why not…

image

Hubby loves cakes with nutty flavor, as well as spicy. As always, Google is my trusted friend. After doing some searching, I wound up trying to make these two.

Spicy cupcakes:
150 gr margarine
2 eggs
125 dl milk
4 dl flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
0.5 teaspoon ground cloves
2 dl sugar

Stir sugar and margarine together, until white.
While stirring, add one egg at a time.
Mix together flour / baking powder / spices.
While stirring, add alternately milk and flour

The batter is enough for about 20 small / 12 medium cupcakes.
Bake at 175°C for about 20 minutes. I made medium size cupcakes, so I baked them almost 10 minutes longer than the recipe recommended.

Icing:
125 gr “natural” cream cheese
60 gr margarine
4 dl powdered icing sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder

Use margarine that is room temperature, mix everything together until a thick cream. I used this icing for both the cupcakes, I just left out the cinnamon in the icing for the nutty cupcakes.

Source: http://gryskjokkenskriverier.blogspot.no/2009/12/krydderkake-muffins-med.html

Cupcakes with nuts:
100 gr margarine - melted and cooled slightly
3 eggs
2 dl sugar whipped until fluffy, stir in melted butter
2 1/4 dl flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 dl chopped nut kernels

Mix sugar and eggs together, until sugar is dissolved.
Add the melted margarine.
Mix together the dry ingredients and mix with batter.

Fill the cupcake forms about halfway and bake at 200°C for about 15-20 minutes. The batter was enough for 12 medium size cupcakes.

Source http://www.kursagenten.no/artikkel/656/Oppskrift-Nottemuffins-1083.aspx

Now to enjoy the “cakes of my labor”.Photo 16 46 06 12.07.12The nutty cupcakes to the left and spicy cupcake to the right

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...