Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas card 2012

A while back I promised a post on last years Christmas card. Here it is!

I love being creative when putting together my Christmas cards, but there isn’t enough creative juice to make 25 unique cards. So every year I play around and end up with a card design I like, which then gets “mass produced”.

For this years card base I chose a cream colored cardstock. With the largest die in Quickutz nested ornament die cut set I cut out the ornament for the front. To give the ornament a Christmas feel I embossed a pearlescent green embossing powder (unknown brand) after stamping with the Hero Arts Flourish Background Stamp (CG119) and Versamark ink. With Fiskars 1” hole punch I made a hole for the picture of BabyS (I’m trying to keep pictures of BabyS in this blog to a minimum…but the card just wouldn’t look the same with a blurred out picture). The ornament was then attached to the card with a little ribbon and a glue dot. Under the tree I had stamped (with a discontinued Inque Boutique stamp - Stephanie Barnard Mini Christmas -Model # 50437) a little Christmas greeting…The star on the top of the tree got a little bling to make it “sparkle”…cute!

julekort2012

Inside the card DaddyO had written our 2012 review and another stamped Christmas greeting together with a handwritten sentiment. The corner was adorned with a Magnolia swirly ornament stamp.

IMG_3251

Hopefully friends and family have received their cards by now…

- Do you create your own Christmas cards?
- How many different designs do you make?
Do share your creations with a link in the comments.

Stay tuned I’ll be back before you know it…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...